Frequently asked questions
1. Are standard combination duvets the same as a CosyCool duvet?
No. A combination duvet does not permit you to adjust tog independently on each side. You have to have the same tog as your partner all the time, so combination duvets offer far less options.
2. If one side of the bed is 4.5 tog and the other 13.5 tog, will there be a visible step running the down the middle of the duvet ?
No, the design ensures that the duvet still sits beautifully in a quality duvet cover with no obvious step running down the middle of the bed.
3. Does it all come apart once it’s in the cover ?
No – we invested a lot of time sourcing the best poppers on the market to hold the half duvets firmly in place.
4. Can I use the half duvets as single duvets on my single beds ?
Not really – the standard width of a single duvet is 140cm. The widest half width we do is the Super Kingsize which is 130cm so they wouldn’t be wide enough. However, in the event of an unexpected guest emergency they would suffice!
5. We’ve got a Kingsize bed but like to use Superking duvets for extra drape, will a CosyCool duvet still work?
We don’t recommend this. Often, when you do this with an ordinary duvet, the weightier drape pulls the duvet to one side of the bed or the other. A CosyCool duvet is not designed to cope with the extra strain on the popper system caused by the added drape. Using a duvet one size larger than your bed will shorten the life of the popper system/ duvet.
6. Why does it cost a little bit more than other duvets?
Our duvets are uniquely designed and have two features that require more manual effort in the manufacturing process than standard combination duvets. Firstly, the half duvets that attach to the main duvet are bespoke sizes found nowhere else and secondly, the positioning of the fasteners to prevent the half duvets from slipping out of position are a unique configuration. Another factor that increases cost is the number of layers required to make. This means that our duvets require 50% more cotton & filling than other duvets.
7. Are CosyCool duvets machine washable?
Yes. Our duvets are machine washable up to 60°C, and because of the clever design, it all fits into a domestic washing machine with an 8kg washload or above – even the main duvet. If you want to tumble dry your duvet, please do not use the high setting as this can affect the plastic poppers.